A Seasonal Holiday Salad
The holidays are notorious for heavy meals and sweet treats. This Pomegranate and Persimmon Salad from Brooklyn Supper is a great way to enjoy seasonal flavors without over-indulging in decadent foods. For more holiday recipe ideas, check out our list of 101 Holiday Recipes!
Green Salad with Pomegranate and Persimmon
- 1 large head dark, leafy lettuce
- 2 pomegranates
- 2 fuyu persimmons
- 1/4 cup shredded pecorino romano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- pinch salt
- a few grinds of fresh pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Seed the pomegranates and strain. Thinly slice the persimmons.
- Whisk the olive oil into the vinegar until it is quite thick, and then add the salt.
- Place the lettuce in your salad bowl, and lightly dress the leaves.
- Sprinkle in the persimmon and pomegranates and gently toss. Finish with the cheese and pepper, and serve.