Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth the Healthy Way
Sometimes sugar cravings can be hard to ignore. I know I crave chocolate when I’m really stressed or have a lot going on. Whatever your reason, we can all agree that there are certain times when our taste buds need a little something sweet.
Instead of giving in and scarfing down a chocolate bar, try to instead enjoy sweet treats that can satisfy the craving without sabotaging your diet or spiking your blood sugar. I love this Raw, Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from the Healthy Blender Recipes blog. Not only is it packed with antioxidants, but I also like cacao powder and raw cacao nib. , It’s delicious and the perfect way to finish a meal!
Raw, Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups raw almond meal
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar, depending on preference
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural alcohol-free peppermint essence
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until well combined. The mixture should form a ball.
- Take this ball and roll it out to about a 1/4 inch on parchment paper.
- Now cut out even small circles. I used the top of a shot glass.
- Place these circles on dehydrator sheets and slowly warm at 115 degrees for 48 hours.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 to 4 weeks.