DIY Coffee Face Mask to Liven Up Your Complexion
Spring has finally arrived, which means it’s time to for a fresh start in all aspects of life. It provides the perfect reason to deep clean your home, de-clutter your desk at work, and swap out sweaters for sundresses in your closet. I love starting anew at this time of year, especially when it comes to my natural beautiful routine. After months of dry, harsh weather, it feels amazing to literally shed your winter skin and start spring with a fresh face.
This coffee mask is incredible when it comes to livening up your complexion. The texture of the coffee grounds gently exfoliates your dull, winter skin to reveal a healthy spring glow, while their caffeine helps to reduce redness and puffiness. It even works wonders on dark under eye circles! Mixing the coffee with milk helps to create a bright, clear complexion and leaves your skin silky smooth once you rinse the mask off.
I always like to add a bit of honey to my homemade face masks, because it pulls excess oil and dirt out of your pores. If you’re already putting food on your face you might as well just go for it, right? Honey also thickens the mixture, making it easier to apply. If you don’t have honey, this mask can be done with just coffee and milk as well, but it will have a much thinner consistency.
Coffee Honey Face Mask Ingredients
- ¼ cup coffee grounds (unflavored and not decaffeinated)
- 3 tbsp slightly warm, organic milk
- 1 tbsp raw, local honey
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, then use your fingers to apply the mixture to your clean, dry face.
- Once your entire face has been covered, sit back relax for 15 to 20 minutes while the mask works its magic.
- Wash the mask off with warm water, carefully massaging the coffee grounds into your cheeks, chin, and forehead as you do so.
- Rinse with cool water, pat dry, and apply your favorite moisturizer.
Do you have a go-to natural beauty tip for spring? Share it with us in the comments!