Easy Appetizer Recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Pesto
Last month we shared tips for being social when you have a food allergy, including offering to bring a dish to a gathering, or hosting your own! As food allergies to dairy, gluten, and soy become more common, there’s a rise in demand for allergy-free recipes. The good news is that there are many free, readily available resources dedicated to an allergy-free lifestyle.
Integrative Nutrition student Juarline Stavrinos, mother of two, started a website to share the allergy-free recipes she makes at home for her family. Whether you have food allergies yourself, or know someone who does, this recipe is a great way to please a group without sacrificing an ounce of delicious flavor.
Allergy-Free Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
• 2 oz fresh basil
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 4 oz sun dried tomatoes
• 1/8 tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 loaf of gluten free bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the bread with olive oil and bake for 10 min (or until crisp).
- Add basil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper to your food processor.
- Turn power on low, and slowly add olive oil until it becomes a thin paste.
- Spread pesto on the crostini or toss with your favorite pasta.
What’s your favorite allergy-free recipe?