Is Your Diet too Strict?
Have you ever noticed when someone tells you not to do something, you want to do it even more? Our curiosity perks up when something is forbidden. Let’s take junk food for example. A lot parents are aware that junk food is not good for their children. But sometimes parents restrict their child’s food intake so much that anytime the parents aren’t around, they go straight for those forbidden foods. It’s the same for you.
Have you ever tried to follow a strict diet? You might succeed for a few days, but pretty soon you fall off the wagon and binge. If you allow your child a cookie after dinner they will be less likely to hide candy bars under their bed. Treat yourself like you would your own child. Allow yourself to have fun with your food.
It’s great to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs and strive to eat healthy most of the time, like 90 percent, but allow yourself to eat whatever you like the other 10 percent of the time. That’s right, be bad every now and again. It’s much better to indulge in the occasional ice cream treat socially with friends, then sneaking pints of ice cream from the freezer late at night. You will feel free to eat what you want instead of eating what you think you should eat. And you might actually crave the foods that keep you healthy, rather than always craving what your mind says you can’t have.