Delicious and Healthy On-The-Go Superfood Snack
Sometimes life can be hectic. If you’re anything like me, there has been a time or two when you’ve forgotten to eat or snacked on junk food while you run from one meeting to the next! Instead of reaching for something quick like a candy bar or a bag of chips, next time you have a crazy day planned, give this delicious recipe a try.
Integrative Nutrition graduate Elanna Edwards shares her recipe for Rawmazeballs, a vegan, gluten-free and superfood packed bite-sized snack that is easy to pack up and take with you on your busiest days.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
*Add a dash of cinnamon or maple syrup if desired!
- Mix oats with almond butter first, then add coconut oil and honey. Afterwards, toss in all the seeds!
- Mix until thoroughly combined. Add some more oats if mixture feels too wet.
- Spoon out tablespoons' worth and shape into a ball with clean hands. Repeat.
- Place on a plate and put in the fridge to “set” for 30 minutes.
What is your go-to healthy snack?