5 Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables that Help You Detox
The seasonal change from winter to spring is about more than breaking out our favorite pair of shorts and spending more time outdoors. It’s also about changing up the foods we eat.
Consuming spring’s bounty of delicious fruits, vegetables, and legumes will rid the body of toxins, cleanse organs, and fend off the damaging effects of food additives.
Here are 5 of spring’s best cleansing fruits and veggies and some great ways to incorporate them into your diet.
1. Avocado – Packed with fiber and vitamins, avocado aids in detoxification by helping the liver purify any synthetic chemicals in our bodies. Its velvety texture makes avocado a great base for dips or cold pureed soups.
2. Peas – High in protein and fiber, peas promote colon health and strengthen blood vessels. While split pea soup is the most common way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable, you can also add it to raw green pasta for a burst of sweetness.
3. Cherries – This super fruit is a nutritional powerhouse that’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which aid in digestion, reduce inflammation, and help rid the body of free radicals. Ideal for cleansing the body, this tart and sweet fruit makes for a great dessert.
4. Asparagus – Containing folate and zinc, this spring vegetable provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits that make it one of the best natural artery-cleansing foods. You can steam or boil asparagus and add it to a fresh salad for added crunch.
5. Fennel – This green veggie is a natural diuretic that helps remove toxic substances from the body. It also contains heart-friendly potassium to help reduce blood pressure. To bring out fennel’s delicious flavor, just give it a simple roast.
For more ways to cleanse your body, check out our brand new Spring Detox guide. This fantastic guide includes a deliciously wholesome 3-day seasonal meal plan as well as tips on how to get glowing skin and keep your body in tune with nature!
What are your favorite spring foods?