A Sweet and Gluten-Free Addition to Your Sunday Brunch
Nothing brings family and friends together quite like a delicious meal. Hosting Sunday brunch is a great way to gather everyone around the table to swap stories, reconnect, relax and enjoy each other’s company. It’s the perfect primary food! Add this gluten-free, dairy-free cinnamon sweet potato loaf cake from 2009 graduate Amie Valpone, to your next brunch menu for a sweet side dish that your brunch party will love and you’ll feel good about serving.
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Loaf
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups stevia for baking such as Stevia in the Raw
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 8 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and grated
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat stevia, oil, eggs and almond extract. Add sweet potato; mix well. Add dry ingredients, pecans and coconut flakes to wet ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.