A Tropical and Refreshing Acai Bowl Recipe
I’m a big fan of comfort foods for breakfast—warm gooey oatmeal, whole grain pancakes with maple syrup, toast with sliced avocado drizzled with honey and a pinch of sea salt; the list goes on. But when the weather heats up, I prefer a quick no-fuss breakfast that is healthy and refreshing. Meet the acai bowl.
The acai berry, harvested in the rainforest of Brazil, is loaded with antioxidants and essential amino acids. Not only is this berry a superstar in the nutrition department, it’s delicious too!
An acai bowl is my go-to summertime breakfast because its nutrient-packed frosty goodness gives me the energy I need to start my day right. Plus, it’s also really fun to make. I like to get creative with my toppings by adding different combinations of nuts, fruits, and seeds. Topping are a great way to boost the flavor of your acai bowl and add an extra punch of nutrition with superfoods such as bee pollen, chia seeds, goji berries, etc.
Here is one of my favorite acai bowl recipes:
Tropical Acai Bowl
- 1 packet of frozen acai (I’ve used Samzabon)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of coconut water
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (optional, but great for added creaminess!)
- Blend the above ingredients until the consistency is smooth, but still thick and creamy. A tip to help prevent a too thin smoothie like consistency is to add the liquid gradually until you achieve your preferred thickness.
- Pour your blended acai into a bowl.
- Add toppings of your choice. I like to add a half a banana sliced, unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, and hemp seeds to add a crunch.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
What’s your favorite acai bowl recipe?
Leave your comments below!