Along with summer comes flip flops, weekend getaways, and of course, grilling. Burgers are an obvious (and delicious) option, but why not extend your repertoire of barbecue meals with this healthy, plant-based dish?
Full of fresh vegetables, protein-packed quinoa, and a naturally sweet marinade, this dish will please any palate and help keep you fueled through that grueling day at the beach. (Because relaxing on the sand can be seriously tough.)
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 red bellow pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 yellow bellow pepper, seeds removed
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 2 small zucchini, slice into strips
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 package of tempeh, sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons heat-stable oil, like almond, hemp, or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the marinade into a small resealable bag.
- Place tempeh slices in the bag and seal it.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large sealable bag.
- Chop all vegetables and add them to the bag. Seal and refrigerate with the tempeh for at least 3 hours.
- Grill the vegetables and tempeh, giving them about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the tempeh and veggies from the grill and all them cool.
- Chop the vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
Powered by NewsCred