Rice Soba Noodles with Tea Spice Vegetables
We reached out to our community and asked for their favorite summer recipes, so we could put together a list of 100 recipes for a Healthy Summer. In honor of the first official day of summer, here is a delicious, Vegan recipe from one of our grads!
1 package rice soba noodles
1 cup frozen edamame, shelled
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
4 leaves swiss chard, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1″ slice ginger, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 zucchini, sliced
Note: Use whatever vegetables you like!
1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet cooking rice wine (Mirin)
3 tablespoon water or broth
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
2 teaspoon Republic of Tea Stir Fry Tea Spice
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil rice soba noodles according to package directions. Avoid cooking fully – remove from heat when nearly cooked but not all the way.
- In the meantime, add 1 tablespoon safflower or some type of stir fry oil to a wok or pan.
- Add vegetables to wok/pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Add half of the sauce to vegetables.
- Remove vegetables from wok/pan and add 1 T safflower oil to the pan again. Add noodles to pan and stir around. Add rest of sauce.
- Add vegetables back to pan and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
For more refreshing and healthy recipes that you can use all summer long, check out our list of 100 Recipes for a Healthy Summer.