Do you ever fall into food ruts? You know, when you realize you’ve been using the same ingredients or eating the same meal over and over? Call me a creature of habit, but I certainly do. Once in awhile, however, I like to mix things up, because variety helps cover all of the nutrition bases (after all, different fruits and vegetables contain different vitamins and minerals) and keeps things interesting. In short, eating the rainbow helps ensure your body is getting what it needs to thrive.
This smoothie is full of nutritious goodies that help calm inflammation and build strong muscles, making it a great choice for a post-workout snack. In addition to juicy pineapple, oranges, and bananas, it’s infused with a full serving of filling plant-based protein, as well as omega-3 healthy fats. I’ve also added some fresh ginger and a pinch of turmeric, both of which have very strong anti-inflammatory properties. Enjoy!
Makes 1 smoothie
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 navel orange
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
What to Do:
- Add all ingredients except for the ice to a blender and whirl until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and continue blending until desired thickness is reached.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!