5 Healthy Homemade Ice Pop Recipes
Spring has sprung and summer is hot on its heels!
When the weather gets warmer, I start craving cold, refreshing, and sweet treats to help me cool off—and what fits that description better than an ice pop?
Ice pops are the perfect summertime treat, but are often loaded with unhealthy sugar, preservatives and harmful additives. That’s why I prefer to avoid store-bought pops and stick to homemade versions using all natural ingredients.
Homemade ice pops are not only fun and easy to make, but also a healthy and refreshing treat that you can enjoy while feeling good about the nutrients you’re giving your body.
Here are a few of my favorite healthy homemade ice pop recipes that will help you stay cool and healthy all summer long!
- Vanilla Bean + Blackberry Yogurt Pops: This recipe makes the perfect creamy frozen treat. Plus, you get all the protein and calcium benefits of Greek yogurt.
- Chocolate-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Pops: These pops make for a colorful and tasty summer time dessert, not to mention the fact that raspberry might be an even better complement to chocolate than peanut butter!
- Watermelon-Raspberry-Lime Pops: This recipe is super refreshing and incredibly easy to whip up.
- Strawberry Lemonade Pops: Strawberry lemonade is a favorite summertime drink, and now you can eat it, too! Impress everyone at your next summer soirée by serving these healthy and tasty pops.
- Kiwi Ice Pops: If you like kiwi, then you’ll have to try this incredibly easy (two ingredients!) recipe. The kiwi will give you loads of vitamin C, antioxidants, and potassium, and may even help you sleep through those hot summer nights!
- Or, customize your own unique ice pop confection, using this fresh fruit ice pop recipe as a template. The possible combinations are endless!
What’s your favorite healthy treat to cool down in the summer? Tell us in the comments below!