Made with super convenient broccoli slaw salad, these fresh summer rolls require very little chopping and make a great appetizer for your next get together. Feel free to make them vegetarian by swapping a plant-based protein source such as tofu or tempeh in for the chicken, but do not skimp on the sauce. It’s absolutely addictive—in fact, you may want to make a double batch!
Makes 6 to 8 rolls
6 to 8 rice paper wraps
2 cups broccoli slaw
1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
About 1/3 medium English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
2 to 3 tablespoons basil leaves, torn if large
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
A few pinches of stevia or 1 teaspoon agave nectar
¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
1. Prepare the sauce by whirling all 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until evenly incorporated. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Working with one rice paper sheet at a time, dip in a large bowl of warm water until soft and avoid folding any edges. Place the rice wrap, rough side up, on a clean plate.
3. Layer fillings into the bottom center area of the wrap, leaving 1 to 2 inches of empty space on the left and right sides.
4. Fold the right and left edges inward, then pick up the bottom edge and roll away from you. Place the roll on a separate plate, seam side down.
5. Repeat the entire process with the rest of the rice wraps. (Warning: Do not try to soak more than one wrap at once—you’ll be left with a big sticky mess!)
6. Serve with the red curry dipping sauce on the side.
Note: If you are planning to make these in advance, wrap them individually in damp paper towels and store them in a sealed container in the fridge.